Re: PGStatement#setPrepareThreshold

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, Csaba Nagy <nagy(at)ecircle-ag(dot)com>, Postgres JDBC <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PGStatement#setPrepareThreshold
Date: 2006-08-04 19:15:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

> Did you like my idea of?
> statement: <protocol execute> ...

No.

> I want to keep the "statement:" prefix for scripts
> that process our log files, and because it is output by log_statement,
> which controls protocol output as well.

I think that's an irrelevant consideration, but it's driving you
to insist on unnecessarily complicated, confusing output. What's
wrong with "parse:", "bind:", and "execute:"? If you really must
have the word "statement" in there, then let's do "parse statement:"
"bind statement:" and "execute statement:". In any case we've got
to drop all the brackets and braces, they look too much like they might
be part of the statement string.