Re: postmaster, but not pg_ctl -i -i

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: aagha(at)bigfoot(dot)com
Cc: PostgreSQL General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: postmaster, but not pg_ctl -i -i
Date: 2002-11-14 17:28:22
Lists: pgsql-general

"Aurangzeb M. Agha" <aagha(at)bigfoot(dot)com> writes:
> Where can I find a list of the different options I can pass postmaster and
> pg_ctl?

On the reference pages ---
http://www.ca.postgresql.org/users-lounge/docs/7.2/postgres/reference-server.html

I think the thing you were missing is that for pg_ctl, -o means "here
are some switches to give to the postmaster", but for the postmaster
-o means "here are some switches to give to postgres (ie, the backends
the postmaster spawns)". So the switches following -o have different
meanings.