Re: Win32 shmem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Win32 shmem
Date: 2007-03-20 16:12:45
Lists: pgsql-patches

>>> I think you do still need the on_shmem_exit detach callback.
>>
>> Ok, will look into that. Haven't tested that scenario.

> That was indeed so. Added in new version, attached.

If it handles the restart-after-backend-crash scenario and correctly
locks out starting a fresh postmaster (after postmaster crash) until
all old backends are gone, then it's probably ready to commit for
more-widespread testing.

I note that sysv_shmem contains some #ifdef WIN32 and #ifdef __CYGWIN__
kluges; will it now be possible to remove those, or will the Cygwin
build still be using that code?