Re: pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/ref create_schema.sgml

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql-server/doc/src/sgml/ref create_schema.sgml
Date: 2003-02-04 16:08:13
Lists: pgsql-committers

> Neil Conway wrote:
>> Shouldn't we use <varname> tags to denote GUC variables?

> Not sure. We clearly don't do that now. I see all the CURRENT_* names
> as <literal>.

I know I've been pretty sloppy about using <literal> for all manner of
names and keywords, and I think others have too. Does anyone want to

(a) prepare a one-page-or-less style guide setting forth what to use?
We have a style guide for reference pages in the docs already,
but I don't see anything listing recommended markup.

(b) go through the existing docs to replace <literal> where appropriate?

Personally this seems like a lot of work for no visible gain (it's gonna
look the same anyway when rendered, no?). But I won't stand in the way
if anyone feels it's worth doing ...