Re: ATTN: Clodaldo was Performance problem. Could it be related to 8.3-beta4?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Clodoaldo <clodoaldo(dot)pinto(dot)neto(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "PostgreSQL - General ML" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ATTN: Clodaldo was Performance problem. Could it be related to 8.3-beta4?
Date: 2008-01-19 00:37:01
Lists: pgsql-general

Clodoaldo <clodoaldo(dot)pinto(dot)neto(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> The old server reproduces the behavior of the new one.

Well, that's just weird. Let's see, FC6 has oprofile --- maybe oprofile
measurements on 8.2 and 8.3 on the same box would tell something.
Do you know how to use that? Alternatively, if you could give me ssh
access to the box, I'd be willing to do the measuring. But oprofile
requires root access so maybe that's more than you want to trust me ...