Update or Delete causes canceling of long running slave queries

From: Viswanath <M(dot)Viswanath16(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Update or Delete causes canceling of long running slave queries
Date: 2016-05-12 13:37:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I have the following configurations.

On master:
autovacuum=off
vacuum_defer_cleanup_age=0

On slave:
hot_standby_feedback = off
max_standby_streaming_delay = 30s

Now when I try to run a long query on slave and do some update or delete on
the table on master I am getting the following error.

ERROR: canceling statement due to conflict with recovery
DETAIL: User query might have needed to see row versions that must be
removed.

The error code was : 40001

I am not running vacuum manually and autovacuum is 'off'
What could possibly causing the conflict?