Re[2]: [HACKERS] Incorrect error message in InitializeSessionUserId

From: Dmitriy Sarafannikov <d(dot)sarafannikov(at)bk(dot)ru>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re[2]: [HACKERS] Incorrect error message in InitializeSessionUserId
Date: 2016-03-04 06:50:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>On Fri, Mar 4, 2016, 5:23 +03:00 от Michael Paquier < michael(dot)paquier(at)gmail(dot)com >:
>
>> The patch adds the support of taking the role name from the role tuple
>> instead of using the provided rolename variable, because it is possible
>> that rolename variable is NULL if the connection is from a background
>> worker.
>>
>> The patch is fine, I didn't find any problems, I marked it as ready for
>> committer.
>>
>> IMO this patch may need to backpatch supported branches as it is
>> a bug fix. Committer can decide.
>
>+1 for the backpatch. The current error message should the rolename be
>undefined in this context is misleading for users.
>--
>Michael

Thanks for feedback.

This patch successfully applies to the 9.5 branch.
In 9.4 and below versions InitializeSessionUserId function has other signature:
void InitializeSessionUserId(const char *rolename)
and it is impossible to pass role Oid to this function.

In this way, the patch is relevant only to the master and 9.5 branches

Regards,
Dmitriy Sarafannikov