Re: Multiple servers with Postgresql

From: John Coryat <coryat(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Multiple servers with Postgresql
Date: 2012-09-24 11:50:01
Lists: pgsql-admin
I'm currently running 8.4 (32 bit) in my production environment and want to implement warm spare in that system. I have a test environment consisting of two 64bit CentOS6 servers running 9.1 that I want to use hot spare / master with and when that system is working well, migrate to those servers instead of the 32 bit 8.4 system.

I've been using Postgres for many years and have a basic understanding about tuning but I would like to hire (rent?) an expert to help fine tune the system, especially the test 9.1 environment so it can run more efficiently and deal with the spikes in demand we have.

Thanks.

-John Coryat