PostgreSQL streaming replication doubt

From: ghanshyamb <ghanshyamb(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PostgreSQL streaming replication doubt
Date: 2015-09-16 06:53:54
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi Team,

I am working towards using PostgreSQL 9.3 streaming replication feature for
Two servers say primary and secondary.
Looking at the documentation I have doubt, please help me to understand.

Documentation says, Hardware need not be exactly the same, but experience
shows that maintaining two identical systems is easier than maintaining two
dissimilar ones over the lifetime of the application and system. In any case
the hardware architecture must be the same— shipping from, say, a 32-bit to
a 64-bit system will not work

Does this mean it is mandatory same 32 bit processor as well as 32 bit OS on
both servers?
Can replication work if primary has 64 bit processor and 32 bit OS, whereas
secondary has 32 bit processor and 32 bit OS ?
(Consider same PostgreSQL version installation on both servers)