Re: Header comments in the recently added files

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Header comments in the recently added files
Date: 2011-03-10 04:15:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Itagaki Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I found trivial mistakes in the recently added files.
> Will they fixed by some automated batches, or by manual?

> - "Copyright (c) xxx-*2010*, PostgreSQL Global Development Group"
> in pg_collation.h, pg_foreign_table.h, basebackup.h, syncrep.h,
> pg_backup_directory.c and auth_delay.c.
> - "IDENTIFICATION $PostgreSQL$" in pg_collation.h, syncrep.h, and syncrep.c
> Other files has their actual paths in the same place.

It might be worth Bruce making another run of his copyright-update
script to fix the former problems. As for the latter problems,
I have a to-do item to go around and standardize the format of the
header comments a bit better --- I'd like to have a uniform convention
that we put the full path name of each file at the top, and then get
rid of the vestigial "IDENTIFICATION" sections. Don't know quite when
I'll get to it though.