Re: Why so many out-of-disk-space failures on buildfarm machines?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Why so many out-of-disk-space failures on buildfarm machines?
Date: 2007-07-19 00:19:55
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> BTW, while I'm thinking of it --- it'd be real nice if the buildfarm
>> "configuration" printout included the flex and bison version numbers.

> Interestingly, none of our tools actually outputs the bison/flex
> versions - perhaps configure should be doing that.

Hmm, that's a good solution, especially since it'll start working right
away instead of waiting for buildfarm owners to update their scripts ;-)

I think I can get it to do
checking for flex... /usr/local/bin/flex 2.5.4
... does that seem reasonable?

> We do log the gcc
> version (look in the config.log if you want to make sure).

Oh, that seems to be something in the base autoconf macros rather than
anything we put in. I don't especially like hiding it in config.log
--- who reads that?