Re: Has anyone seen this error? I cannot login into my database.

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: P G <pg_dba(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Has anyone seen this error? I cannot login into my database.
Date: 2003-04-11 22:17:56
Lists: pgsql-general

P G <pg_dba(at)yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> I ran make for v7.3.2 successfully and ran the
> regression tests successfully, but I keep getting the
> following error when trying to log into my database.

> psql: relocation error: psql: undefined symbol:
> PQgetssl

I believe what you have here is an SSL-enabled psql that is linking to a
non-SSL-enabled libpq.so. You probably still have the old, not-SSL
libpq.so laying around, and you haven't updated ldconfig to know about
the new one. Check "ldd psql" to see what it shows the shared library
reference as resolving to ...