Re: Remote PostgreSQL database - C/C++ program / Unix / Required Libraries

From: Léa Massiot <lmhelp1(at)orange(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remote PostgreSQL database - C/C++ program / Unix / Required Libraries
Date: 2014-11-30 22:03:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Thank you for your answer :)

> Adrian Klaver-4 wrote:
> My guess is you want is way to install the minimum necessary to write a
> C/C++ file against the Postgres libraries.
>
> Is this correct?

Exactly.

> Adrian Klaver-4 wrote:
> If so you will need to either install the appropriate -dev package, say
> libpq-dev and libpq

I'd rather not to :/ but it's good to know I could do that.

> Adrian Klaver-4 wrote:
> or download the source and build only those parts.

No. I'll not go into that.

> There also seem to be libpqxx packages available.
>
> If not, you will need to explain further what you want?

No. I thank you for your answer.
I actually asked the question out of curiosity.
(And also because I was working on a machine with no PostgreSQL installed. I
was wondering if I had to install a whole PostgreSQL system or not).

Best regards.