Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers

From: Kevin Grittner <kgrittn(at)ymail(dot)com>
To: Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: delta relations in AFTER triggers
Date: 2014-09-25 15:54:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas(at)vmware(dot)com> wrote:

> You cast the TuplestoreRelation to Plan, and pass it to CopyPlanFields.
> That will crash, because TuplestoreRelation is nothing like a Plan:

Oops. That's a copy/paste error I should have noticed. Fixed,
even though the node type might be going away. Since all of this
seems to be working very well from a user point of view, I'm going
to try to generate a lot more regression tests against the existing
code before taking another run at the API, to make sure that things
don't break in the refactoring.

I didn't hit the copy/out bugs in testing so far -- any suggestions
on a test that would exercise this code? (I'm probably missing
something obvious.)

Craig Ringer <craig(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:

> On 09/15/2014 10:25 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>
>> I broke out the changes from the previous patch in multiple commits
>> in my repository on github:
>
> *Thankyou*

> A nice patch series published in a git repo is so much easier to work
> with than a giant squashed patch as an attachment.

I have fixed the bug reported by Heikki; be sure to grab that.

I have been merging in changes to master as I go, so that bit rot
doesn't accumulate, but I don't squash or rebase; hopefully that
style works for you.

--
Kevin Grittner
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com