Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Sergey E(dot) Koposov" <math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: What is happening on buildfarm member dugong
Date: 2007-09-11 17:29:37
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Sergey E. Koposov" <math(at)sai(dot)msu(dot)ru> writes:
> Yes, indeed. After several make installcheck's
> I get
> ERROR: too many active hash_seq_search scans, cannot start one on "smgr
> relation table"
> ERROR: too many active hash_seq_search scans, cannot start one on "smgr
> relation table"

Hm, so that must be coming from smgrcloseall(), which is the only user
of hash_seq_search on SMgrRelationHash. I bet that's popping up once a
second and the bgwriter is getting nothing done, because it's failing
again at the bottom of error recovery :-(. It's a good thing you
happened to notice those messages, because this is a pretty bad bug.

Anyway, I've committed a fix for that, so we can get back to the main
question, which is why you're getting the fsync error in the first place.