Error While Connectint to Database

From: Balaji NV <balaji(dot)nv(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: psql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Error While Connectint to Database
Date: 2005-10-01 06:12:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is N.V.Balaji i am working in Govt. Organisation as Software
Engineers, we are using postgresql 8.0 as database, for the Linux operating
system the postgres is working well where as for the Windowx XP Operating
System while connecting to the database we are getting error as given below.

psql: Could not connect to server: Connection refused < 0x00000274D/10061>
Is the server running on host "????" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

I had checked all the configuration files, the listen_address is set to the
local sytem IP address and the tcpip_socket is set to true. Please let me
know whether any other settings required to follow while loading in Windows
Operating System.

--
Have A Nice Day