Upgrade from Postgres 8.2.4 to 8.3.5

From: "Nykolyn, Andrew P (AS)" <andrew(dot)nykolyn(at)ngc(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Upgrade from Postgres 8.2.4 to 8.3.5
Date: 2009-06-05 15:17:09
Lists: pgsql-general

I have successfully installed 8.3.5 as a fresh install on a Redhat 4.5
machine. Now I try to upgrade another Redhat 4.5 machine with an
existing 8.2.4 install and the "make check" fails all tests. When I
look at the results file for each type being tested I see the same error
indicating that there is an undefined symbol:
pg_valid_server_encoding_id and the test does not get run. Any ideas on
what I might be missing or have to change? Thanks much.

Andy Nykolyn