Re: why semicolon after begin is not allowed in postgresql?

From: AK <alkuzo(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: why semicolon after begin is not allowed in postgresql?
Date: 2013-11-25 20:42:04
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Kevin,

I do see your logic now, but this thing is a common mistake - it means that
this seems counter-intuitive to some people. What would happen if we applied
Occam's razor and just removed this rule?

All existing code would continue to work as is, and we would have one less
rule to memorize. That would make PostgreSql a slightly better product,
right?