Debugging extension with gdb?

From: Paul Jones <pbj(at)cmicdo(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Debugging extension with gdb?
Date: 2013-11-20 14:02:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Can someone point me to information on how to debug a Postgres extension

with gdb?

I have been able to attach to one but getting breakpoints to work right
and getting the addresses to properly relocate (since the extension
could be loaded anywhere) has been the problem for me.

I have not found anything very definitive yet in searching the net.

Thanks,
PJ