Re: postgres subfunction return error

From: David Johnston <polobo(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres subfunction return error
Date: 2013-09-25 23:19:27
Lists: pgsql-sql

jonathansfl wrote
> greetings. I'm trying to write a function that acts like a switchboard,
> calling other functions depending on incoming parameters.
> I'm getting error: query has no destination for result data
>

> SELECT * FROM dev.pr_test_subfunction(SWV_Action);

In pl/pgsql if you do not use an "INTO" clause on a select statement you
must replace the "SELECT" with "PERFORM". Failing to do so results in the
error you are seeing. In this case your calls to the sub-function do not
magically populate the parent function variables. You must manually map the
output of the sub-function call query onto the parent variables.

David J.