Re: pg_tablespace_databases

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pg_tablespace_databases
Date: 2004-07-02 13:35:04
Lists: pgsql-patches

Andreas Pflug <pgadmin(at)pse-consulting(dot)de> writes:
> Joe Conway wrote:
>> 2) This allocation size was a bit ambigous and I think based on a once
>> longer tablespace directory name:

> This size calculation originated (copy/paste) from
> commands/tablespace.c,

Yeah --- Bruce did not adjust the string length calculations when he
editorialized on the directory name. I'd been meaning to go back and
make them match.

> should be clarified there too (and "pg_tblspc" is
> hardcoded in strings, could be extracted to a macro definition).

[ shrug... ] The name is not going to change again. I have never cared
for the practice of writing strlen("foo") as if it were a compile-time
constant. But certainly it would be entirely pointless to define such a
macro and then use it in only one place.