Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: plperl update from Andrew Dunstan, deriving (I believe)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql-server: plperl update from Andrew Dunstan, deriving (I believe)
Date: 2004-07-06 00:05:17
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

>> I've reverted the part of this patch that attempted to make plperl use
>> rpath, because it doesn't actually work...

> Is there a more portable way of doing this, via configure maybe?

It doesn't look to me like we handle rpath switch syntax via configure,
but by setting variables in the port-specific makefiles. Maybe you
could extend that scheme so that the switch name is available separately
from $(libdir).

The HPUX case is slightly peculiar because we essentially force rpath to
be used always; enable_rpath is disregarded and we stick what would be
the rpath switches directly into LDFLAGS. It might be cleaner if it
did this by setting enable_rpath true in the port makefile, instead of
bypassing the rpath variable mechanism altogether.