Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1

From: Greg Williamson <gwilliamson39(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Database size stays constant but disk space keeps shrinking -- postgres 9.1
Date: 2012-10-03 21:53:51
Lists: pgsql-admin

Gabriele --

----- Original Message -----

Indeed -- stopping repmgr has lef to a continued accumulation of the dead but not gone file handles, but almost all are now owned by the application, with only a few held by WAL shipping and the like. So repmgr was just getting the blame, unfairly.

Am working on the code itself now.

Thanks for the response!

Greg W.