Re: What else could I've done? COPY to unlogged tbl "hung"/locked the table

From: amacvar <kahitarich-postgresForum(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: What else could I've done? COPY to unlogged tbl "hung"/locked the table
Date: 2012-09-05 04:01:44
Lists: pgsql-admin

Thank you Tom for the suggestion and the workaround.
I think we will be able to hold off on the temporary workaround.

Would the 2nd processes in the deadlock show up in pg_locks? (It didn't)
An insert from another table that i created to test the datafile did show up
as blocked.
I got confirmation from developers that no other process was running at the
time.

Also, even after a reboot, the COPY to the unlogged table hung, until it was
dropped and recreated.
After the latest occurrence, we took some downtime and I have rebuilt all
unlogged tables, no recurrences yet.