getting primary and foreign using jdbc

From: niamul(at)another(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: getting primary and foreign using jdbc
Date: 2001-06-01 13:18:29
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am using PostgreSQL 7.1 with jdbc driver jdbc6.5-1.2.jar, I would like to get the primary and foreign key from the database. The ResultSet returned by the jdbc is always empty. Could someone please tell me how to get the primary key and foreign key from the postgresql.

I specially need to know the foreign key, I tried to get it through the system catalogs by doing a sql query, but my knowledge of such table and how to use them is very limited. I would be very grateful if someone can send me a solution to this problems, especially for the foreign key.

Many thanks.

-----

Be passionate about your email
Just click here: http://another.com