Re: More information about the selected objects

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Vinicius Santos <vinicius(dot)santos(dot)lista(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: More information about the selected objects
Date: 2012-08-26 16:55:20
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Thu, 2012-07-26 at 12:37 -0300, Vinicius Santos wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I finished the patch. It works fine on Windows 7, but the
> SetLabel(wxString) doesn't work on my Ubuntu.
> I did make some simple tests with the wxWidgets on Ubuntu, but I can't do
> it to work.
>
> Can you help-me with the test on Linux?

Got some time to work on this. SetLabel is useful for widgets, not for
windows. Change your call to the SetLabel() method with a call to
SetTitle(). Works great for me on Linux. Don't know on Windows, maybe
you could check?

About your patch, it seems good so far. My only issue is that, when I
click on the root node, or on a servers group node, it still displays
the old connection string. It shouldn't. It should get back to "pgAdmin
III".

Another thing that bugs me. To show the full name of an object, you use
this code:

GetSchema()->GetName() + wxT(".") + GetName()

instead of the simpler:

GetFullIdentifier()

Please change this.

Once all of this have been done, I'll review it one more time, and apply
it if ready.

Thanks.

--
Guillaume