Re: Reporting tool for Npgsql

From: Vincent Veyron <vv(dot)lists(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: Marcus Túlio Ramos <marcustulioramos(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reporting tool for Npgsql
Date: 2012-07-26 13:46:37
Lists: pgsql-general

Le lundi 23 juillet 2012 à 11:53 -0700, Marcus Túlio Ramos a écrit :

> I´m using Visual Studio 2010 - C# and Postgres with NPGSQL for data
> provider.
>
> I´d like to know what´s the best option for a Report Builder on this
> scenario.

If you can separate it from your application, I find that a very
convenient way to reduce reporting problems is to build an exporting
tools that provides the data needed in a file in csv format, which users
import into the various tools they have.

A lot of tools can also connect to the db directly and build
queries/reports (MS-Access for instance).

You do need a good schema to do that, though.

--
Vincent Veyron
http://marica.fr/