Re: Eliminating start error message: "unary operator

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Dain" <Dain(at)pbsinet(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Eliminating start error message: "unary operator
Date: 2003-06-23 21:17:36
Lists: pgsql-general

"Carlos Oliva" <carlos(at)pbsinet(dot)com> writes:
> I got this in standard out. I also included the output in a text file

I don't see the complaint anywhere in there, though?

Also, it looks like this failed because postmaster was already running.
You probably need to stop the postmaster and then try the sh -x.
Don't forget to pipe both stdout and stderr into the same file, eg
sh -x /etc/rc.d/init.d/postgresql start >mylog 2>&1