Re: incompatible pointer types with newer zlib

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: incompatible pointer types with newer zlib
Date: 2012-03-17 07:58:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On tor, 2012-03-01 at 19:19 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I think the best fix would be to rearrange _PrintFileData() so that it
> doesn't use FH at all. Instead, we could define a separate
> ArchiveHandle field IF that works more like OF, and then change
> ahwrite() to use that.

Here is a patch that might fix this. I haven't been able to test this
properly, so this is just from tracing the code. It looks like
_PrintFileData() doesn't need to use FH at all, so it could use a local
file handle variable instead. Could someone verify this please?

Attachment Content-Type Size
pg_dump-zlib-fix.patch text/x-patch 1.0 KB