RE: [GENERAL] FOREIGN KEY syntax

From: Andrzej Mazurkiewicz <andrzej(dot)mazurkiewicz(at)polkomtel(dot)com(dot)pl>
To: "'Ron Peterson'" <rpeterson(at)yellowbank(dot)com>, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] FOREIGN KEY syntax
Date: 2000-03-03 11:54:31
Lists: pgsql-general

The following information is based on gram.y file of postgres sources

FOREIGN KEY ( columnList ) REFERENCES tableName [ ( columnList) ] [MATCH
FULL] [ON DELETE action] [ON UPDATE action]

[[NOT] DEFERRABLE] [INITIALLLY {IMMEDIATE | DEFERRED}] (not all matches are
allowed)

"action" is {NO ACTION | RESTRICT | CASCADE | SET NULL_P | SET DEFAULT }

[ .. ] means optional elements
{ .. | .. | ..} means exactly one of

Regards,
Andrzej Mazurkiewicz