Re: Error while importing CSV file

From: Lockas <w_ward_w(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Error while importing CSV file
Date: 2012-02-06 06:37:40
Lists: pgsql-general

I've tried a lot of sizes
but I still have messages in my log saying:

* ---
ERROR: value too long for type character varying(200)
--- *

Why is this? There are no other varchar(200) columns in my DB at all,
no other table. Only this column used to be 25 characters and using
the alter type command I changed it to 200. It looks alright, the column
also
accepts the value, but the error is logged.

I'm confused. How to stop the error?