Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
Date: 2012-01-17 16:50:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2012-01-16 at 17:25 -0500, Greg Smith wrote:
> The most reasonable answer to this is for people to publish a git repo
> URL in addition to the "official" submission of changes to the list in
> patch form.

Note that the original complaint was that for the occasional reviewer,
the current system takes at least 5 partially redundant steps in two
different systems.  I doubt that adding a third system and more
partially redundant steps it going to help that.

I don't have anything against the general idea, but it won't address the
original point.