Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Matteo Beccati <php(at)beccati(dot)com>
Cc: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: automating CF submissions (was xlog location arithmetic)
Date: 2012-01-17 16:50:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Matteo Beccati's message of mar ene 17 12:33:27 -0300 2012:

> On 16/01/2012 23:40, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> >
> > Excerpts from Greg Smith's message of lun ene 16 19:25:50 -0300 2012:

> >> The most reasonable answer to this is for people to publish a git repo
> >> URL in addition to the "official" submission of changes to the list in
> >> patch form.
> >
> > It's expected that we'll get a more reasonable interface to attachments,
> > one that will allow you to download patches separately. (Currently,
> > attachments that have mime types other than text/plain are already
> > downloadable separately).
>
> My proof of concept archive for the hackers ML site is still online, in
> case anyone has trouble downloading the patches or just wants to have
> the full thread handy.

I was going to ping you about this, because I tried it when I wrote this
message and it got stuck waiting for response.

Now that we've migrated the website, it's time to get back to our
conversations about migrating archives to your stuff too. How confident
with Django are you?