Regarding the shared disk fail over cluster configuration

From: Debasis Mishra <debasis1982(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Regarding the shared disk fail over cluster configuration
Date: 2011-10-31 12:33:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear All,

I read the postgresql document for clustering. I am planning to go for the
shared disk fail over clustering.
But I am unable to understand propery how to achieve this.

Below is my hardware setup -

I have two server - Primary server and secondary server. Both the server
RHEL 6 is installed.
I have one storage.
RHEL HA clustering is configured to have zero downtime. So if primary server
is down then HeartBeat will bring secondary server online.

Now i want to install the Postgres and do the shared disk failover
clustering. I have couple of doubts

1. Do i need to install Postgres server in both Primary and Secondary
Server?
2. According to the shared disk fail over concept the dbdata directory has
to be shared. So is it like DB will be installed in both the server and
dbdata directory will be in storage and both the database will be referring
to the same data in storage?

Any help will be appreciated?

Thanks,
Debasis