Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?
Date: 2011-09-16 13:08:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Susanne Ebrecht's message of vie sep 16 03:24:58 -0300 2011:

> Isn't it possible to create a closed mailing list - a list that won't
> get published - on which
> I can discuss SQL Standard stuff with the folk who wants to support me?

It's certainly possible to create a private mailing list to support this
idea. How would the membership be approved, however, is not clear to
me. Would we let only well-known names from other pgsql lists into it?

(I, for one, had no idea you were in the SQL committee.)