Timezone issues with Postrres

From: pratikchirania <pratik(dot)chirania(at)hp(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Timezone issues with Postrres
Date: 2011-09-16 04:57:03
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,
I am experiencing the following anomaly while using postgres database:

Time is being interpreted incorrectly when I set time zone to UTC -6
(Central America).
Time shown when I query "SELECT NOW()" is 1 hour ahead of system time.
PS: Central america does not have daylight saving. That might not be the
issue.

Regards,
Pratik Chirania
Hewlett Packard