Re: Moving database and schema to a new tablespace

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Richard Shaw <richard(at)aggress(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Moving database and schema to a new tablespace
Date: 2011-09-08 18:55:27
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, 2011-09-08 at 19:09 +0100, Richard Shaw wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking to move a database by using ALTER DATABASE $DB SET TABLESPACE and i'd also like to move a schema over to the same new tablespace, googling around, it looks like there was a an ALTER SCHEMA $SCHEMA SET TABLESPACE command in the past, but apparently no longer. I'm using Postgres 9, can anyone confirm if this is still possible, and if not, how I can move the schema over ?

ALTER SCHEMA... SET TABLESPACE never existed in PostgreSQL.

As you're using PostgreSQL 9, you can use the DO command to do something
like this. You need to find every table in the schema, and launch ALTER
TABLE... SET TABLESPACE to them. And then do the same with indexes.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info