Re: feature request

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>, "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: feature request
Date: 2011-08-30 17:15:56
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Tue, 2011-08-30 at 12:31 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 11:56 AM, Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > The drop down boxes in pgadmin don't have autocomplete and don't jump
> > to the items that start with the character you type. Most of them
> > have a very long list of items in seemingly random order (function
> > return types for example) so an autocomplete would make this a lot
> > easier to use.
>
> They do, if you use Windows or Mac. The controls suck on GTK though,
> and don't offer all the events that wxWidgets needs to do the same job
> on Linux/Solaris.

+1

Hope it will get better with wxWidgets 3.0 when it will be released.

> [...]
> > If I run multiple queries I should be able to see all the results for
> > all the queries instead of just the last one. This is especially
> > important if the last statement is "rollback" or "commit".
>
> libpq doesn't support multiple resultsets in a single query unfortunately.

As a matter of fact, it does (see
http://pgolub.wordpress.com/2009/11/17/script-slicing-by-pgmdd/), and I
really want pgAdmin to use this. Still need to find a good UI and some
time to work on it :)

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info