Problem importing a csv file

From: planas <jslozier(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsqql - general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem importing a csv file
Date: 2011-08-28 05:03:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I am attempting to import a csv file into a predefined, empty table
using the following commands:

COPY ContactUpdates
FROM '/media/Fred/Work/SQL_Server/AP/ContactUpdates.csv'
WITH DELIMITERS ',' CSV

When testing the query I get the following error message

ERROR: syntax error at or near "COPY"
LINE 1: ...(ANALYZE off, VERBOSE off, COSTS on, BUFFERS off )COPY
Conta...
^

********** Error **********

ERROR: syntax error at or near "COPY"
SQL state: 42601
Character: 59

I have been able to determine what the error is. Researching the
question does not give me any clue what is wrong or what the syntax
error is.

Using pgsql 9.1 rc1 on Ubuntu 11.04 (Gnome) 64 bit using pgadminIII
--
Jay Lozier
jslozier(at)gmail(dot)com