range types and ip4r

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: range types and ip4r
Date: 2011-07-19 06:38:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Just wondering, will the planned range type functionality also be able
to absorb the functionality of the ip4r type as a range of the ip4 type
(http://pgfoundry.org/projects/ip4r)? Maybe it's trivial, but since the
ip types also have a kind of hierarchical structure, I figured I'd point
it out in case you hadn't considered it.