Re: Wrong statistics for overloaded functions

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Erwin Brandstetter <brandstetter(at)falter(dot)at>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wrong statistics for overloaded functions
Date: 2011-07-07 06:52:24
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Wed, 2011-07-06 at 21:22 +0200, Erwin Brandstetter wrote:
> Aloha!
>
> I have been observing irregularities in the function statistics for some time. Now I have investigated and believe to have found the cause.
> Everything is here, including a proposed fix:
> http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/325

The fix you propose requires from us to write a patch for PostgreSQL
(which won't be available to users before 9.2) for something we can
already do right into pgAdmin. Instead of filtering with the name of the
schema and the function, we should use its OID. This way, we could fix
1.12, and 1.14 really quickly.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info