Re: Networking in 7.4?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Networking in 7.4?
Date: 2003-08-20 18:33:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Do we have full Rendezvous and IPv6 support in 7.4? That is, sufficient to
> shout about in our PR materials?

The IPv6 support does everything you could want AFAIK, and is certainly
worth a bullet point.

I'm not sure how "full" the Rendezvous support is; we have some
Rendezvous-specific code in the postmaster now, but I have little idea
what it does or whether there is more stuff that Rendezvous users might
wish for. Might be wise to avoid the word "full" in this context.
Unless there is someone on the list who knows Rendezvous well enough
to offer an opinion?