Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable CHECK constraints to be declared NOT VALID

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable CHECK constraints to be declared NOT VALID
Date: 2011-06-30 19:09:02
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Alvaro Herrera's message of jue jun 30 11:58:09 -0400 2011:
> Enable CHECK constraints to be declared NOT VALID
>
> [...]
>
> This patch was sponsored by Enova Financial.

Robert Hass (whose name I misspelled in the commit message above) just
mentioned to me (in an answer to my apologizing about it) that he didn't
think that mentioning sponsors for patch development was a good idea.

I don't think we have a policy for this, but I have done it for some
time now and nobody has complained, so I sort of assumed it was okay.
Besides, some of the people pouring the money in does care about it;
moreover, it provides a little incentive for other companies that might
also be in a position to fund development but lack the "peer approval"
of the idea, or a final little push.

So what's the general opinion here?