Re: File_FDW with example

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Joshua Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: File_FDW with example
Date: 2011-06-17 14:00:14
Lists: pgsql-docs

Excerpts from Joshua Berkus's message of jue jun 16 21:21:36 -0400 2011:
> (apologies for prior incomplete post. Webmail spazzed on me).
>
> Attached is a version of file_FDW.sgml which contains a complete example of how to use it to read your postgresql csv logs. I think this does some neat tying together of how to use FDWs that the docs are currently lacking.

Interesting ...

The final query is a bit unwieldy. I wonder if this would work

CREATE TABLE generic_pglog (
log_time timestamp(3) with time zone,
user_name text,
database_name text,
process_id integer,
connection_from text,
session_id text,
session_line_num bigint,
command_tag text,
session_start_time timestamp with time zone,
virtual_transaction_id text,
transaction_id bigint,
error_severity text,
sql_state_code text,
message text,
detail text,
hint text,
internal_query text,
internal_query_pos integer,
context text,
query text,
query_pos integer,
location text,
application_name text
);

CREATE FOREIGN TABLE pglog (LIKE generic_pglog) SERVER pglog
OPTIONS ( filename '/home/josh/9.1/data/pg_log/pglog.csv', format 'csv' );

Note that you have a "Not" instead of "now" in the last paragraph.