Re: FK NOT VALID can't be deferrable?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Dean Rasheed <dean(dot)a(dot)rasheed(at)gmail(dot)com>, Jaime Casanova <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: FK NOT VALID can't be deferrable?
Date: 2011-06-15 20:59:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Simon Riggs's message of mié jun 15 16:31:45 -0400 2011:
> On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 9:14 PM, Alvaro Herrera
>
> > So is somebody from 2nd Quadrant going to supply a patch to fix this?
>
> My understanding was that your patch had a bug, rather than the
> existing code. If I misunderstood, please explain the bug.

This is about FOREIGN KEY NOT VALID, which is your patch that's already
in 9.1. My patch doesn't touch foreign keys. CHECK constraints cannot
be deferrable anyway.

> In terms of "2ndQuadrant" supplying patches, you may not be aware that
> we all work independently on community contributions...

I wasn't, but that doesn't change anything -- I mean, you were from 2nd
Quadrant last time I checked. If Jaime is going to submit a patch to
fix the bug, I assume you're fine with that too?

(The other alternative is to leave the bug open until Robert or Tom fix
it, I guess)