Re: BUG #5800: "corrupted" error messages (encoding problem ?)

From: Carlo Curatolo <genamiga(at)brutele(dot)be>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5800: "corrupted" error messages (encoding problem ?)
Date: 2011-04-28 08:53:49
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Last test...

On a new PC I install in this order :

- Windows 7 Pro SP1 x64 French (brand new original DVD)
- postgresql-9.0.4-1-windows_x64.exe (installing with Locale French, Belgium
or default locale, same results)
- jre-6u24-windows-x64
- dbvis_windows-x64_7_1_4.exe
- postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar for use with java test application and
DBVisualizer

Here is the Java test application source :
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4346044/Main.java Main.java

Here are the results :
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4346044/java_app_cmd.png
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4346044/java_app_swing.png
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4346044/dbvisualizer.png

Result in logfile is correct...
http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4346044/postgresql-2011-04-28_095111.log
postgresql-2011-04-28_095111.log

Result in PGAdmin is correct...client_encoding is also UNICODE but error
message is correct like in the log file...

So...I have posted the first time on December...

I am installing my new server (database and files). I am ready to migrate
everything on it.

I have tested my application and except that everything works fine. I would
like to use PG9 in production now.

If I use that in this state, this problem can be fixed with a simple install
of a new release ?
Or do I have to reinstall everything ?
Do I have to wait a release without this problem ?

Please let me know.
Thanks in advance.