Re: GIN index not used

From: Mark <Marek(dot)Balgar(at)seznam(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GIN index not used
Date: 2011-04-28 08:07:27
Lists: pgsql-general

Alban thanks for your quick reply.
It is true that I use for this only 2,5GB RAM on Intel Core i5 CPU 2.67GHz
and resources I didn't changed from instalation of postgres:
max_connections = 100
shared_buffers = 32MB
(other parameters are commented)
, but that would not be the reason I think.

I was maybe wrong to explain. As I said at first all was ok. That means that
after creating the index one query took less time.
For example query over:
tsquery(liquid & water) - 38ms, 219 results

but now it is like this:
tsquery(liquid & water) - 2859ms, 219 results

I though that it was caused by some "magic" over this table (I have deleted
and inserted data and index again).
That is why I tried mentioned vacuum and pg_dump with pg_restore.
Could it be caused by this?