Re: Windows build issues

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Windows build issues
Date: 2011-04-07 20:11:21
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On tor, 2011-04-07 at 09:26 +0100, Dave Page wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 6, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net> wrote:

> >> The SDK is needed with 2008 Express, but not the non-express version.
> >> The SDK on it's own should be enough for command line compilation.
> >

> > When you install VC Express 2008 the SDK is installed with it. A separate
> > install is not required, as it was with VCE 2005.
>
> Oh nice :-)

Well, it's good that you guys are almost as confused as I am. :)

Evidently, VC Express 2008 is good by itself, without the separate SDK
download.

The documentation also appears to imply that the SDK without VC Express
would be enough. I can't quite fathom how that would work, because the
vcbuild.exe is supplied by VC Express. Then again, the SDK installation
offers to install a C++ compiler, but I don't know where it put that.