Oracle 2 PgSql, book

From: "messi(dot)cro" <messi(dot)cro(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Oracle 2 PgSql, book
Date: 2011-04-04 20:26:52
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hello,

i'm considering in using PgSql for my next project. I'm expirenced oracle db
developer...Can someone in short describe key differences between the two if
that is even possible.

For example i heard that pgsql doesn't support packages, instead it uses db
schemas to group business logic. Also there are no autonomous transactions ?