Re: Find out encoding of data

From: joynes <joynes(at)hotmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Find out encoding of data
Date: 2007-10-02 09:34:46
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!
This doesnt work for me but it is exactly what I want. When I run your
example I just get:

>SELECT decode('10EUR', 'escape');
decode
--------
10EUR
(1 rad)

I get the same result, both if the database is UTF8 or ISO-Latin1 and also
with different versions of postgres (7 and 8)

And when I read the documentation for 'decode' it tells that it just decodes
binary strings encoded with 'encode'.
How did you get that result from running decode?

/br joynes